Bugs? Squashed a bunch. Stability improvements for all watches? Of course. See heart rate zones with compatible 2-Series watches. Unlock Kickstart, a brand new watchface. Update your watch and phone app to 4.3 and learn more at blog.getpebble.com.
We’ve updated our iOS app to preserve the Pebble smartwatch experience and remove the dependence on cloud services. Visit developer.getpebble.com for full details.
NEW + FIXED
• The app lets Pebble devices keep working, even if online servers are not accessible for any reason. The login process can be skipped, apps can be side-loaded, and the latest watch firmware (including language packs) can be installed.
• We removed the option to “Contact Support” but users can still export diagnostic data (including the Health database) by tapping “Share Diagnostics”.
• Health data collection and various telemetry reporting has been removed.
• The option to suggest new features has been removed.
• Turning on HealthKit synchronization in “Settings” now writes heart rate data to Apple’s Health app.
• Fixed a bug which would “crown” your first day of step counts, even if no activity was recorded yet.
• The Developer menu is now easier to find within the new “Settings” tab.
• Developers can now side-load a service configuration to change which servers the Pebble app communicates with.
• Fixed a crash that occurred when Rocky.js apps used Clay configuration pages.
• Fixed a crash that occurred when configuration pages attempted to open an image picker using HTML5 file input.
NEW Reply to call with SMS: Can’t answer? No problemo. Send a voice note, emoji, or custom message instead.
NEW Send Text App for Time-series watches: Start a convo from your wrist! Send a voice note, emoji, or custom message to recent or favorite contacts.
NEW Toggle Pebble Health settings between miles or kilometers (requires a Time-series watch running Firmware 3.9 or higher).
Under-the-hood fixes and stability improvements.